Highly mobile workstation
Highly mobile workstation
Creative professionals whose work demands mobility.
Working on the go has never been so powerful and productive. A robust mobile workstation, the Dell Precision™ M4500 features:
- Genuine Windows® 7
- Advanced 3D graphics featuring NVIDIA® Quadro® FX 880M or Quadro FX 1800M graphics engine with 1GB of dedicated graphics memory for demanding tasks such as video editing, animation and computer-aided design (CAD) manipulation
- Intel® Core™ i5, Core i7 and Core i7 Quad Extreme Edition processors for number crunching performance
- Three years' long-life battery1 to maximize productivity
- 15.6-inch high resolution displays, including the 100 percent Adobe®Color Gamuts RGB LED Display
- Choice of 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems, including Red Hat® Linux®, designed to take advantage of a range of workstation applications
- Comprehensive security and data protection features, such as a preboot, multifactor user-authentication and hardware-processed drive encryption
Dell understands that professions requiring a mobile workstation also demand technical reliability and ease of integration. To that end, we:
- Partner with leading independent software vendors (ISVs) to certify system and application compatibility, right out of the box
- Conduct rigorous testing to ensure exceptional performance on every Dell Precision workstation
- Base every Dell Precision workstation on standards-based technologies
Select an ISV-certified Dell Precision workstation to help ensure that the demanding applications you depend on run smoothly, right out of the box.
Mobility and High Scalability
The Dell Precision M4500 offers prodigious scalability for a 15.6" mobile workstation. Each M4500 system is backed with a variety of innovative technologies to take on and keep up with the growing demands of the business world.
- Estimated starting weight of only 6.0 lbs/2.73 kg
- Up to 256GB high-speed, highly reliable solid-state drives (SSDs), designed without moving parts to help improve data reliability
- Innovative optional SSD MiniCard for additional high-performance data storage
- Easy wireless communication with WiFi, Bluetooth® and mobile broadband options
- Dell Precision ON™ technology for near-instant access to email, calendar, contacts and the Web, as well as easy access to virtual remote desktops
Solutions for Total Control of Ownership
As part of the Dell™ E-Family product line, Dell Precision mobile workstations are compatible with existing E-Family accessories, including port replicators, notebook stands, display and monitor stands, and external storage modules.
Equipped with Intel® vPro™ technology and delivered with Dell ControlPoint™ software to help manage system settings and connections, the M4500 also embeds Dell ControlVault security, a Federal Information Processing Standards compliant (FIPS) fingerprint reader and a contactless smart-card reader. Together, these options provide a comprehensive solution that can help to strengthen and simplify security.
Dell Services, such as Dell ImageDirect™, custom factory integration (CFI), Dell ProSupport2 and lifecycle services, are also available on Dell Precision mobile workstations, making the systems easy to manage, support and deploy.