Inside. Outside. Finger. Pen. Keyboard.
Our ThinkPad convertible laptops free you to work without constraints. Morph from notebook to tablet with just a twist — you get a traditional laptop at the office, and an in-the-trenches, an in-your-arms companion. Just fold back the screen to convert.
Thin and light, our newest model the X230t weighs in starting at 3.6 pounds. The standard display features a 12.5-inch HD 300 NIT IPS panel, for nearly 180-degrees of wide angle viewing indoors and out. Indoor display is multitouch (not on this model), while outdoor display allows for use with digitizer pen only. Optionally, a 300 NIT panel with Corning® Gorilla® Glass is available for outdoor viewing.
Lenovo's Power Manager, carefully selected low-voltage processors, less power-hungry displays, and the latest battery technology allow hours of worry-free computing on-the-go. Plus Lenovo Battery Stretch lets you temporarily extend battery life in extreme circumstances — get up to 18 hours on the X230t with a single charge!
Work Smarter. Faster. Do More.
Our X Series convertible laptops are built for business, packed with power and speed. So you can do more with less time.†
- Up to Windows® 7 Professional operating system.
- For a difference you can see and feel in multitasking or multimedia, our X230t is powered by available, visibly smart, 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors, with top-of-the line performance for your most demanding tasks.
- Up to 100% increase in 3D and visual performance with Intel® HD graphics.
- Our exclusive technology, Lenovo Enhanced Experience 3 for Windows® 7 delivers boot times 40% faster than systems without, as well as robust security features and superior web conferencing technology.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0, which is standard on the X230t, enables up to 10 times faster file transfers, allowing for lightning-fast copying of large media files, as well as seamless connections between audio- and video-related peripherals. Transfer speed also increases when copying from external devices.
ThinkPad Durability, Enhanced.
ThinkPad X Series convertible laptops are more than tough enough to endure the rigors of business travel.† Baked, battered, blistered, and blown with sand, ThinkPads are designed to pass eight, rugged military-spec tests. Plus, the X230t is further enhanced with scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass to protect against bumps and drops in the field.
- ThinkPad roll-cage technology
- Optional solid state drives with no moving parts
- Spill-resistant keyboard
- Reliable, sturdy metal hinge construction designed for daily use, with one-directional hinge rotation
Enterprise-Class Security Protects Your Business-Critical Data.
- ThinkVantage® Rescue and Recovery® helps you recover from system crashes quickly, even if the primary operating system won't boot.
- The Lenovo Solution Center provides a simplified dashboard that reflects total system health. This hardware diagnostic tool allows quick and convenient access to frequently-used system management tools, including backup and restore, antivirus and firewall settings, system/software updates, internet connections, and service and support.
- ThinkVantage Active Protection System™ detects sudden changes in motion and temporarily stops the hard drive to help protect it from damage (not applicable to models with solid state drives).
- ThinkVantage Client Security Solution, a unique hardware-software combination, helps protect your company information, including passwords, encryption keys and electronic credentials, while helping guard against unauthorized data access.
- BIOS disablement of ports acts as a final layer of protection for your business-critical data.
- Optional Computrace® technology helps you recover your laptop in the event of theft.
- Remote data disablement lets you disable your laptop's hardware if it's ever compromised.
Optimized Media & Communications Technology.
Whether you're web-conferencing, watching a video, or reading an eBook, you'll enjoy it all on your convertible laptop.
- WWAN / 3G-ready so you can connect through a cellular network. And with Lenovo Mobile Access, this pay-as-you-go mobile broadband service enables online access anywhere, anytime, with flexible pricing and no contract needed.
- Voice-over IP (VoIP)-Optimized experience that incorporates HD audio output and Noise Reduction Technology to suppress background sounds while on internet calls, as well as keypad clicks when typing. The X230t is Polycom® Ready, designed to work with Polycom® Real Presence Mobile and Real Presence Desktop video collaboration software.
- Integrated webcam at the top of the display bezel — ideal for Web conferencing or video messaging. The X230 features a 720p HD camera with face tracking and wide angle viewing.
- Dolby® Advanced Audio™ v2 is a suite of technologies that enable your X230t to deliver a crisp, clear surround sound experience over its built-in stereo speakers. The technology increases audio clarity for VoIP applications, maximizes volume output without distortion, and improves dialogue clarity when watching videos.
- Automatic screen rotation for reading eBooks in landscape or portrait mode with the ThinkReader.
- Multitouch touchpad for simple one- and two-finger gestures to zoom in and out, rotate images, and scroll.
- Multitouch panel for pen and finger input, with easy-to-use Lenovo SimpleTap software.